Welcome to Boy Scout Troop 62 scouting for 80 great years!
Our troop welcomes all boys, ages 11-17, who want to follow the Eagle Trail. Boys can join Scouting at any time, regardless of their background or experience.
If you're interested in the Scouting program, please feel free to come to our meetings, contact one of our Adult Leaders, or check our FAQ Page.
Meetings - We meet 7:15 - 9:00 p.m. every Thursday that school is in session, at St. Peter's Episcopal Church, 109 Sand Hill Road, South Windsor, CT 06074
- The annual registration fee of $70.00 is now due. Our goal is to collect this early in the year from all scouts. Please remember to make your check payable to Troop 62 and mark "Registration Fee" in the memo area. If you need a special financial arrangement, see Jerry Brodeur.
- Scouting for Food - Scouts wear Class A Uniform
- November 1 - Bag Drop Off - Meet 9am at St. Peters
- November 8 - Bag Pick Up - Meet 9am at SW Community Center
- November Camping at Camp JN Webster, Ashford, CT - Friday, November 14 to Sunday, November 16 - We are heading to Camp Webster for the annual town-wide troop competition, and to defend our title! All the South Windsor troops will compete on Saturday Nov 15th. The competitions consist of basic scout skills such as knot tying, lashing, fire building etc. This trip is a great way to learn and practice your scout skills and have a lot of fun doing so. Please see the flyer for details. Payment is due by November 6.
- WANTED: Adults who like backpacking (or would like to try it.)
- Connor and Jack are restarting the older boy backpacking program. This program provides alternative weekend outings for the high school boys and a chance to earn Backpacking Merit Badge. In past years, the group has hiked the Pemigawasset wilderness and climbed Mt. Washington and hike portions of the Wilderness 100 in Maine, as well as many local weekend trips.
- To make it successful, they will need additional adult leaders to join them on trips. This could be current leaders or parents, male or female. Experience is not necessary. A desire to hike and join the boys is necessary. We can teach you as we teach them. You would not need to go on all the trips. The objective is to establish a pool of leaders that can be available.
- There will be an organizational meeting for all adults interested in the helping with program during the Troop Meeting on Thursday, Sept 18, at 8:00, immediately following the Opening Ceremony.
- If you are interested and cannot attend, please contact Jack Phillips at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next PLC: 11/4 at 7pm - Wylie House, 513 Rye Street
Next Trip: 11/14-16 - Camp JN Webster, Ashford, CT